Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Hi, everyone.
    Does anyone have any ideas about a plugin that will allow registered members of a blog to create and post photo albums?

I have created a site for the folks at my riding stable, and it is working out pretty well. It is a registration-based site, so only members can see most of the content. I have a plugin (Ucan Post) that allows the registered members to post to the blog without having to get into the dashboard - now I am looking for a plugin that will do the same for creating and posting photo albums.

Most of the kids are signing up for the site because they do not (or are not allowed to) have Facebook or other online accounts. All the plugins I have found in my search so far require some other online account to drag the photos in from - Picasa, Facebook, Flickr, etc are not options here. I need something that will work entirely within this site, while restricting backend accessibility. Something like Ucan Post but for photos only. If anyone knows of something like this - give me a name or a hint on where to find it - I have been searching for a week now, and found nothing so far.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    I actually have that one installed - it just doesn't seem to work properly.

The upload form pops up as it should, and I can browse and find images on my HD, but after the upload is complete - nothing happens. I have it set to require moderation before posting but I am not getting any e-mail notification when new pictures are uploaded.

I have read and re-read the documentation, and i can't figure out what i am doing wrong! Gr-r-r-r!

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    I can't tell what is wrong because I can't see any sample on your site - and I don't really want to sign up

You could also try a premium one - that way at least the author should provide support with it and they are relatively cheap:
    Simple WordPress jQuery Gallery Plugin

Or you can just use the default WordPress Gallery feature, which displays a bunch of thumbnails and then add a lgihtbox plugin so users can click on them -- also have you made sure to lift the permissions so registered users can upload images?

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    I have installed and have been playing with Photosmash for about a week now.
    However, I cannot get it to work! I have followed the tutorial video on how to allow anyone, not just subscribers, to upload a photo, and I have the form appearing in the page where I want the gallery, also the grey box for the blank gallery is there.

When I upload a photo, I see the green progress bar, and it says the upload is complete, but then there is no photo in the gallery!
    All I want is a page on the site where the kids who ride at my stable can post photos of themselves and their ponies and horses.
    I want to be able to allow anyone to post, but be notified of the post so I can moderate it if necessary.
    The site is http://stablefriends.ca if it is any help to see it.

I am temporarily removing the signup requirement, so people can go look and see if they can help.

Remove Ads