Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    ive recently discovered this problem as a wp newb - the WYSIWYG editor of wordpress puts < br > or < p> tags into html view when you begin a new code line. this causes shortcodes and perhaps also modules to act incorrectly, and as i understand it, is because of wpautop.

i try to eliminate the problem by putting all the code into one line inc the shortcodes that my theme uses, and it seems the shortcodes dont function properly when all on one line.

my only solution as of yet has been to disable this wpautop thing, and this results in having to put < p > and < br > tags into visual editor as well as html editor or wp will recognise none, and also you cannot switch between html view to visual view in the wysiwyg editor because if you do, it'll strip out all your < p > and < br > tags from html view once you switch back.

i *thought* id found a solution here: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/raw-html/ but the comments suggest it doesn't work with the latest version of wordpress.

does anyone have a solution? some people mention the tinymce plugin in relation to this, i dont really understand enough to know why, but it doesnt seem like i have a tinymce plugin.. unsure.. not in the plugins list.. :/

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Remove Ads