Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    I have installed and activated xtreme zoom plug in on my website. It is showing where I want it however I can not find any information on how to add the pictures. I have added pictured to the images file of the plug in.

Why do these plug ins come with so very little instructions?
    Does anyone know what I need to do to activate the images?

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Quote Originally Posted by hantaah, post: 214334
    I have installed and activated xtreme zoom plug in on my website. It is showing where I want it however I can not find any information on how to add the pictures. I have added pictured to the images file of the plug in.

Why do these plug ins come with so very little instructions?
    Does anyone know what I need to do to activate the images?
    I have Googled 'extreme zoom WordPress plugin' and not only can I not find any instructions, I can't find any reference to it at all. I even logged in to one of my development WP installs and searched for it in Plugin > Add New, with no results.
    Tell me,
    • where did you find it
    • what is it supposed to do
    • who is the author

Maybe with the additional info I can help you figure it out.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    hi there

Perhaps you searched for extreme with an e, it's called xtreme with a x ( I did the same thing the other day )

You should find some stuff on it that way, however I can't seem to find instructions on how to add the images

Member #
    Liked
    416 times
    Quote Originally Posted by hantaah, post: 214408
    hi there

Perhaps you searched for extreme with an e, it's called xtreme with a x ( I did the same thing the other day )

You should find some stuff on it that way, however I can't seem to find instructions on how to add the images
    Could you link it? Would make it easier on us.
    My freelancer website: DolidzeDesign

You only need a parachute if you plan on skydiving twice.

Member #

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Quote Originally Posted by George Dolidze, post: 214411
    Could you link it? Would make it easier on us.
    OK - that's actually easy. In your Dashboard, look under Settings - at the bottom you should see Xtreme Zooom Menu (right under Permalinks). There are some instructions there. Basically everything loads from an XML file - that's where you make your changes.

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    in the instructions ( under settings I still can't see any info on how to add the images, so I looked in zoom-settings.xml but still not sure what i'm looking for.

right at the bottom I found this: ( I changed the zoom-content.xml to zoom-images but that didn't change anything.

<!--object param="" value="" /> <!-- -->
    <object param="contentXML" value="zoom-content.xml" /><!-- path to the xml file with the content info. if missing it defaults to "dock-contents.xml". FlashVars takes priority over this property-->
    </settings>

I am a total newbee at this so haven't got a clue what I'm looking for

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    I consider myself fairly good at using WP and adapting it in various ways, and I've been playing with this for a couple of days now and frankly I can't get to to work. I have read the Readme file, followed the instructions, installed it every way I know how, opened and edited, re-edited, and un-edited both.xml files, checked out the .PHP file, inspected the .html file, and consistently get the same error message:

[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]"[/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(69, 69, 69)]Please install flash player.swfobject.embedSWF(‘http://www.danceriders.com/developme.../zoommenu.swf’, ‘xtreme-zoom-menu573?, ’600?, ’220?, ’9.0.0?, ” , { setupXML: ‘http://www.danceriders.com/developme...settings.xml’}, {base: ‘http://www.danceriders.com/developme...me-zoom-menu/’, wmode: ‘window’, scale: ‘noscale’, salign: ‘TL’, allowScriptAccess: ‘samedomain’, allowFullScreen: ‘true’}, {});[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]"[/COLOR][/COLOR]

If it were my site, I would reconsider using something this difficult to understand, and use an alternative. I would probably be [S]pissed[/S] intrigued enough to install it on a testing folder and try to figure it out in my spare time, but until I understood it inside and out I would not use it.

[COLOR=rgb(69, 69, 69)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Is there a particular reason why you need to run this specific plugin? [/COLOR][/COLOR]

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    UPDATE!
    I changed the theme to Twenty-ten and now it works! I think the issue all along was compatibility with the theme.

Which of course raises the question - what was it in the theme that made it incompatible and how do I fix it?

I don't use Flash at all if I can help it, especially when there are javascript solutions that are easier and search-engine friendlier. I will play with this from time to time when i have a bit to spare, but I am really busy right now, so my time for this is limited.

You may want to contact the author of the plugin and ask about theme compatibility.

Member #
    I think that's good advice thank you I will look for a different one and a js one also

many thanks for yourtime

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads