Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi all,

Just wanted to first so hello as a new member. I am not a web designer but I am trying to do my own site and the easiest solution was to use a WordPress theme. My problem is my site is missing some of the capabilities of the template. The name of the template is praseodymiumic, You can view it at http://www.paddsolutions.com/wpmag/praseodymiumic/

My site is
    http://www.in8esigns.com

How do I get the content slider to function, the testimonials to appear and the images to appear with numbers at the bottom. Is there a plugins or features that I have to turn on?

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    You mistpyed the link. Is this the right one?
    http://in8designs.com/

Anyway, let me take a look at it, I'm pretty good with WordPress (LOL I spent an hour yesterday hacking Arras theme to work with WordPress 3.2.1)

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    OK, well you should have a page in the WordPress dashboard for that theme. That is where the options for the slider, etc, would be.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by shovenose, post: 214798
    You mistpyed the link. Is this the right one?
    http://in8designs.com/

Anyway, let me take a look at it, I'm pretty good with WordPress (LOL I spent an hour yesterday hacking Arras theme to work with WordPress 3.2.1)
    I am really impressed with how quick someone is to respond. HTMl I understand it's the PHP and CSS that gets me cofused. I really appreciate you talking a look. Also wondering what I could do to change the look. I know minimalism and muted and pastel colors are in and I like that look but other people will also use this template. I understand I would have to use some kind of child theme but what to put in the style.css and function.php files is what gets me confused. Thanks, shovenose.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by bahmaine, post: 214801
    I am really impressed with how quick someone is to respond. HTMl I understand it's the PHP and CSS that gets me cofused. I really appreciate you talking a look. Also wondering what I could do to change the look. I know minimalism and muted and pastel colors are in and I like that look but other people will also use this template. I understand I would have to use some kind of child theme but what to put in the style.css and function.php files is what gets me confused. Thanks, shovenose.

sorry, it's http://www.in8designs.com

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by bahmaine, post: 214802
    I have quite a few options for widgets. It offers archives, links, social network badges, calendar, meta, recent comments, search, categories, pages, recent posts, tag cloud, custom menu, feedburner subscription, RSS and text. I donít know which I need to activate to me it look like the original demo. On the right where it says I should move the widgets to activate them there are windows named: Home 1, Home 2, Home 3, Sidebar, Footer 1, Footer 2, Footer 3. I guess I have to view the site with web developer tool to figure out which parts are Home 1, Footer 1, etc.

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    HI - I have moved this thread to the WordPress help forum, as you are more likely to get help here.
    I have answered you in the other thread, but don't mind repeating myself here.

You need to get into the dashboard and look for Theme Options, and click on it.
    You should see tabs for slideshow, navigation, page tracker, etc.

That said, you have chosen a fairly complex theme for someone who doesn't know much about coding.
    Post your questions one at a time, clearly, and in as much detail as possible, and we will be glad to try to help you.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMare, post: 214817
    HI - I have moved this thread to the WordPress help forum, as you are more likely to get help here.
    I have answered you in the other thread, but don't mind repeating myself here.

You need to get into the dashboard and look for Theme Options, and click on it.
    You should see tabs for slideshow, navigation, page tracker, etc.

That said, you have chosen a fairly complex theme for someone who doesn't know much about coding.
    Post your questions one at a time, clearly, and in as much detail as possible, and we will be glad to try to help you.
    I had slidehsow and page navigation enabled. I will have to google the page tracker because I don't understand what I should fill out.

I had alread posted in WordPress help when I realized there was a forum just for WordPress.

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bahmaine, post: 214827
    I had slidehsow and page navigation enabled. I will have to google the page tracker because I don't understand what I should fill out.

I had alread posted in WordPress help when I realized there was a forum just for WordPress.
    'Sokay!

Page tracker is usually something to do with Analytics - see if there is a readme with the zipped theme file - lots of times you can find good info there.

The numbers that you refer to (at the bottom of the page below the images) are the pagination, and will probably need to be enabled in the dashboard, and then show up once you have more posts.

Two general comments -
    I really like your logo, it is striking and evocative. I'll give dollars to donuts you are a graphic designer.
    I am concerned that you seem to be offering web design at your level of knowledge.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMare, post: 214830
    'Sokay!

Page tracker is usually something to do with Analytics - see if there is a readme with the zipped theme file - lots of times you can find good info there.

The numbers that you refer to (at the bottom of the page below the images) are the pagination, and will probably need to be enabled in the dashboard, and then show up once you have more posts.

Two general comments -
    I really like your logo, it is striking and evocative. I'll give dollars to donuts you are a graphic designer.
    I am concerned that you seem to be offering web design at your level of knowledge.
    Thanks for the complement on the logo. Yes, I do graphic design. I guess I should reword I would like to get into web design. I can do digitial design but I guess when you say web design people think of the coding end which I don't do.

Remove Ads