Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi all,

I am trying to give a helping hand to a nonprofit theater and I don't know much about WordPress. The WordPress theme is for a nonprofit theater. Can anyone suggest some reliable WordPress theme for a nonprofit that is free? Should I just stick with WordPress.org theme. I was told that you have to be careful with the free themes because sometimes they have security issues.

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Themes generally pose no security threats as they usually only affect the visual styling aspects of the site.

You should however get an account at wordpress site and sign up of update notifications. Most wordpress sites that get compromised because they don't get updated regularly.

I'd suggest searching there repository for a theme as what I may like and you may like might be 2 completely different things.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Keep it up to date, and use one of the free templates. As already stated, you generally dont have to worry about your theme, because they typically are only concerned with presentation, however some can have functionality built into them, but they are usually not free.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by glyakk, post: 216778
    Keep it up to date, and use one of the free templates. As already stated, you generally dont have to worry about your theme, because they typically are only concerned with presentation, however some can have functionality built into them, but they are usually not free.
    I appreciate the response. Thanks guys. I will sign up with WordPress.

Remove Ads