Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello, on our student blogs using WordPress, we have a set of 9 blogs written by students and staff members. We have one central person who approves of all the posts made on these 9 blogs before they can be published.

Each of these 9 people have been set as Contributor and using a Role editor widget, I have set them to where they can also use the upload_file function. The central person who approves has been given the role of editor on each person's blog, but she is an administrator overall on the blogging site.

The problem is when any of the 9 contributors submit new blog entries, the editor never receives an e-mail. The blog entries are of course not published. For the time being, the editor has just been going into their accounts on her admin account and approving them, but we would like to figure out why she is not receiving e-mails.

We used to not have this issue but that was prior to WordPress 3.0. We just upgraded our account a couple of weeks ago and since upgrading the editor no longer receives e-mails like she used to. I posted on Forrst asking for help there and was asked if anyone was receiving e-mails when comments were posted or new users were receiving e-mails when setting up accounts.

As far as I know, no one has submitted comments yet and that is likely because the bloggers just started posting this week and we had to create a new user today. I had Wordpress send him a login to his e-mail account and he received it just fine. So that's not the issue at least.

Thank you in advance for any help that can be provided.

Member #
    Ok, so I sorta figured out my problem. I posted on here and a couple of other places and then went back to sorting through Google searches and I happened upon the right keywords that led me to this plugin:
    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/email-alerts/

It sends an e-mail whenever a post is posted or a comment is as well. It works exactly how we wanted it to. So our problem is solved in a way. I think this is more of a workaround than anything. If anyone who has viewed this post was in the process of looking up a solution, thanks anyway and I thought I'd respond with this so others can see the fix/workaround that I used.

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Thanks for posting the solution - you're right, it could help someone else.

I was at WordCamp Montreal this summer, and there were a couple of very interesting people there (Andrea and Ron) who had a great presentation on multi-user WordPress - here is a link in case you'd like to check them out. They have some great tutorials.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Remove Ads