Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I'm looking to create a single page website using wordpress, whereby i have a home page, portfolio page and contact/about page. I will have a navigation where when you click contact/portfolio/about/home it will scroll down or up automatically and not load as another page. should i just make all the pages separate and then make one page template for the home page, where i include the others pages?
    i might not have explained it very well so here is an example of the effect i want

http://themeforest.net/item/sofa-one..._preview/71106

i'm aware that it will be jquery /javascript that will do the scrolling i'm just not sure how to do it using wordpress pages

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    did you look at the above pages source code ? all of the Jquery effects are built into the library, the sliding effect is a combination of css and jquery... but re-creatable.

it looks like they are using anchor tags for the links... if you're using wordpress, you'd still create the indidivual pages, but for the home page, you would call them all on to one page using PHP inculdes.

you would just need to be able to statically code the "anchor tags" into the links... bascially rendering the admin section to content update for just those pages and nothing else.

Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    For the menu, just use WordPress' built in menu system. It will allow you to
    statically code the "anchor tags" into the links

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Webzarus, post: 219744
    did you look at the above pages source code ? all of the Jquery effects are built into the library, the sliding effect is a combination of css and jquery... but re-creatable.

it looks like they are using anchor tags for the links... if you're using wordpress, you'd still create the indidivual pages, but for the home page, you would call them all on to one page using PHP inculdes.

you would just need to be able to statically code the "anchor tags" into the links... bascially rendering the admin section to content update for just those pages and nothing else.
    I have looked at the code, I just wasn't sure on how to create the pages, whether to do it on one page using queires or seperate pages and including them onto one page.
    Thanks for the help, i think I know what I'm at now (famous last words)

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    This is how I create Wordpress themes...
    First,I create HTML/CSS website,and add text,navigation etc
    Then,I add codes that make my HTML website into Wordpress
    so basicly,create everything and html,and than replace,for instance,navigation with code that displayes pages you've created..
    Owner of Visual Studio

Remove Ads