Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi, first post! I'm a relative novice to web design, but after a good deal of trial and error (emphasis on error) I've managed to create a home page for a new website using html and css. Click here to check it out.

Here's where I run into trouble. I'm trying to seemlessly integrate a Wordpress blog with that page. As you can see by clicking on the link, I've had limited success; blog posts appear on the homepage. But that's where the party ends. I have three issues:

1) There are links all over the place that take you to the blog, and I don't want users to see that. But I don't know how to get rid of the links.

2) This is really an extension of the first problem... I want leaving comments to integrate seemlessly with my page. In other words, users should not see the blog itself when leaving comments.

3) I want a subscribe link and archive access on the hompage as well. You know; all the stuff that's over to the right of the screen in a standard Wordpress theme.

The real problem is this: the only thing I know about php is how to spell it. I have a hard enough time with HTML! I've looked over a lot of tutorials, and all of them assume far more knowledge than I possess. My research has led me to the conclusion that I probably should have used wordpress as a CMS, but that's even more over my head. The only advice I've gotten on the Wordpress forums is to re-design my site using an existing Wordpress theme but I spent a lot of time making the site look the way it does (did i mention I'm lousy at HTML?) and don't really want to alter that.

Can anyone help me, or link me to some help that doesn't assume advanced web programming skills? Or am I simply in ove my head on this?

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    You can always insert the blog into an iframe on your site but obviouly it's not ideal. If you use feedburner, you can feed the blog into your site but it won't not able to have comments...

Not to be repeditive but:
    I don't see why it would be so hard to change that design to a wordpress theme. All you need is a basic theme like pilcrow for example that lets you upload the header banner. With some css knowledge, you can change your background to black and the navigation etc.
    Most hosts have a one click install, so all you need to do is watch some videos on youtube how to use wordpress.
    Hope that helps.

Remove Ads