Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    I have a site I'm trying to update. I am trying to increase the font size and also change the style to arial. I have two, possibly three problems: (see http://www.martindesignqw.com/entertainment-centers)

1. The pictures were put into a table page with the original captions from the Media Library. I installed TinyMCE plugin so I could increase the font. On the edited page, it all looks bigger (12 pt) but when I save and preview, the changes are not there.

2. On the entertainment page, the bottom two pictures seem to be in a different font and are not bold. Whereas the two pics above are bold and (I'm guessing) Times New Roman.

3. I went into the Media Library but could not find a way to change the size/style of the caption.

Do I have to make these changes in the style sheet? And if so, does anyone know where?

Any help greatly appreciated! As always!!

Alanna

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    I think the problem lies in one of the CSS files being loaded from a plugin - probably the lightbox plugin.
    Try changing the font size and family in your /wp-content/plugins/lightbox-2/Themes/Black/lightbox.css file - change the line in red below (around line 57):
    #stimuli_imageDataContainer { font: 10px Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif; background-color: #000; margin: 0 auto; line-height: 1.4em; overflow: auto; width: 100% }

Let me know if this helps any.
    Alanna Baxter likes this.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    264 times
    Hey Alanna
    Under the style.css at line 345 add this text to the class .wp-caption

Code:
    .wp-caption{
    font-family:Arial, Sans-serif, Tahoma;
    font-weight:bold;
    }
    Then look in style.css at line 361 and change the .wp-caption p.wp-caption-text class
    Code:
    .wp-caption p.wp-caption-text{
    font-size:0.8em<!--approx size 12px-->
    }
    That will work as a reset for all the box's on your pictures page. And when you edit the text with the TinyMCE Plugin it shouldn't change the text to whatever the user puts in. The code above is a reset for the text within the picture boxes

Hope this helps
    If you like my comments to your thread please click the LIKE button

Check out my portfolio: Here!
    View my company Facebook Page
    View my company Website

<<Plrease ignoer my typo's I have isdexlyia>>

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Quote Originally Posted by m3n0tu18, post: 222653
    Hey Alanna
    Under the style.css at line 345 add this text to the class .wp-caption

Code:
    .wp-caption{
    font-family:Arial, Sans-serif, Tahoma;
    font-weight:bold;
    }
    Then look in style.css at line 361 and change the .wp-caption p.wp-caption-text class
    Code:
    .wp-caption p.wp-caption-text{
    font-size:0.8em<!--approx size 12px-->
    }
    That will work as a reset for all the box's on your pictures page. And when you edit the text with the TinyMCE Plugin it shouldn't change the text to whatever the user puts in. The code above is a reset for the text within the picture boxes

Hope this helps
    I think that will only partially work, because the /wp-content/plugins/lightbox-2/Themes/Black/lightbox.css file loads after the style.css and overwrites parts of it. I have used lightbox-2 before and run into a very similar problem. I kept changing stuff in the style.css file and some would be OK but some would not. Then I discovered that the lightbox.css file loaded last, and was able to fix it. WP can be tricky that way.

If all the changes are made in the /wp-content/plugins/lightbox-2/Themes/Black/lightbox.css file, they will be consistent throughout the site as long as the theme remains in the Black color option. If the color option is changed the lightbox.css file for the new color option will have to be changed again.

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Thanks a mil, guys! Will check it out and let you know what worked!!

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Unfortunately, I could not find a lightbox.css on the plugin. The files I have are: lightbox-2/lightbox2.php, lightbox-2/readme.txt, lightbox-2/lightbox.js,lightbox-2/options.php and lightbox-2/lightbox-resize.js. I checked the support site to see if I could find any info on the style.css but the guy that built the plugin no longer supports it anymore effective May 2011.

So I went in and backed up the Neuro style.css then made changes to the style sheet. Uploaded it and it looks great! Only thing is I worry about is what AlphaMare said. But if there is no lighbox.css then it can't load last, right? The text below the pictures look great. I'll just have to keep an eye on it to see if the fonts change later on.

But now that I've changed the font on the picture captions, it looks like there's a clash between fonts on the navigation, the footer and the picture captions. The navigation and footer are in times new roman, I think. Is it ok to have two different fonts like this? It looks wierd to me. I think I prefer the Arial font. It's easier to read. Sorry to ask again, but if you have time to take a peek at the pages can you tell me if you would recommend that I change the other fonts as well?
    (http://www.martindesignqw.com/entertainment-centers)

Thanks a mil for all the help!

Update: I found where I can change the font setting so I changed it to Arial. Looks much better! Now I'm working on a favicon!

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    This is where you can find the lightbox-2.css file: it's not directly in the lightbox-2 folder, it's a few layers deeper inside, in one of the colour themes for the plugin.

wp-content/plugins/lightbox-2/Themes/Black/lightbox.css

What FTP program are you using and which editor are you using?

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Thanks, AlphaMare. I'll check it out. BTW, I'm using Core FTP lite and Notepad++.

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    You were right, AlphaMare. It was buried deep! Found it and made the font change. I haven't noticed any difference tho. Maybe that's a good thing? I changed the font to 10px Arial and left the remaining fonts alone. I'm not sure if I should go back and undue the changes I made to the style.css or not. But so far, it looks like I want it to look.

Thanks, guys!!
    m3n0tu18 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanna Baxter, post: 222833
    You were right, AlphaMare. It was buried deep! Found it and made the font change. I haven't noticed any difference tho. Maybe that's a good thing? I changed the font to 10px Arial and left the remaining fonts alone. I'm not sure if I should go back and undue the changes I made to the style.css or not. But so far, it looks like I want it to look.

Thanks, guys!!
    It's possible that the first changes you made are the ones that are being implemented, depending on where in the CSS you made them. But it wouldn't hurt to keep 'em both - belt and suspenders... if one fails the other holds it up.
    m3n0tu18 and Alanna Baxter like this.

Remove Ads