Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hey guys, first off I would like to say hello! I am new here, and trying to get my company website completed for a launch!

Coming to you guys for help! The problem is, on our website http://dev.progressivemediaconcepts.com/ - the dropdown menu under "About" and "Services" has a flicker. It is more noticible under the "About." This just looks sloppy and has to be fixed.

I contacted the company we bought the theme from, and they explained that we would need to customize the template (obviously) and that we need a Wordpress CSS Plugin (which did not work very well, and screwed up the layout of the nav-bar). Does anyone know of, or can think of a solution? Maybe peek into the website source and figure out the problem and a fix?

Any help would be great! Thanks again, and nice to meet you all!

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    I tried it in Chrome, FF and IE9. Looks fine to me.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    Very odd. My partner is using Safari, and i'm on FF. and more times than not, it has a flicker like affect. Of course when I seek help, the problem doesn't show. I can still see it, and so can my partner. This would happen to me! Can anyone see the problem? The flicker the drop down menu has?

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    It's there, but it's subtle.
    The code is in your wp-content/themes/luxury/luxury/js/menusm.js file, at about line 27 and 32 -

$('.menusm li').hover(function(){
    $(this).find('ul:first').stop(true,true).slideDown(300).show();
    $(this).addClass('ms_hover');
    $(this).children('a').addClass('ms_hover');
    level++;
    },function(){
    $(this).find('ul:first').stop(true,true).slideUp(200);
    $(this).removeClass('ms_hover');
    $(this).children('a').removeClass('ms_hover');
    level--;
    });

The numbers in red are the number of nanoseconds it takes for each element in the submenu to slide down and up from behind the one above.
    Try changing the numbers (for goodness sake save a copy of the file as it stands before you change anything!) and play with various numbers - smaller is faster and larger is slower.
    I'm not sure if this will work if you're developing on WAMP or MAMP on your local machine, you may have to play with it online.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    264 times
    Thread moved to correct Forum
    If you like my comments to your thread please click the LIKE button

Check out my portfolio: Here!
    View my company Facebook Page
    View my company Website

<<Plrease ignoer my typo's I have isdexlyia>>

Remove Ads