Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Hi all,

I am building a child theme from WP Twentyeleven and I am having problems locating the header information. I would like to remove the white space from the top of the page and move the header image up. So I actually have two problems:

1) Where is the code to change the header position? I have looked in style.css, header.php and page.php. I can't find anything that makes the effect I am looking for such as: margin-top, h1, #header, #access. Also what does position: absolute mean?

2) I somehow have two search boxes. One above the header image and another below. I'll need to get rid of the search in the top somehow.

I created the header image in Photoshop and uploaded it and it's working fine. I just need to move it up.

Any help is always greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanna Baxter, post: 229784
    Hi all,

I am building a child theme from WP Twentyeleven and I am having problems locating the header information. I would like to remove the white space from the top of the page and move the header image up. So I actually have two problems:

1) Where is the code to change the header position? I have looked in style.css, header.php and page.php. I can't find anything that makes the effect I am looking for such as: margin-top, h1, #header, #access. Also what does position: absolute mean?

2) I somehow have two search boxes. One above the header image and another below. I'll need to get rid of the search in the top somehow.

I created the header image in Photoshop and uploaded it and it's working fine. I just need to move it up.

Any help is always greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
    I'm pretty familiar with twenty-eleven - post a link and I'll take a look.
    Alanna Baxter likes this.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Thanks a mil, AlphaMare! Here's the link: http://greendoorwebdesign.com/Kilbora/
    It's in a test folder. I'm trying to create several different headers for the client but I need to get past this hurdle first. I have all the other headers pics ready to go. I just need them to sit properly. You'll see that there are two search boxes. I'd like to get rid of the one at the top. I only hope that the client agrees with me!

Thanks again!

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Like cracking an egg with a hammer!! Turns out that if I would have scrolled down to the bottom of the page on the header settings there's a tick box that allows you to either display header text yes/no. It defaults to yes. I changed it to no and Wa-la! So that solved the space problem at the top.

After some digging though, I managed to find the code that removed the search box from the top of the header. My hosting files are a bit messed up so I haven't uploaded it yet from the local folder but it works!

This is my first time working with the Twentyeleven theme and it has more bells and whistles than twentyten.

Remove Ads