Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    My client is running a site on enom, call it example.com. I'm creating a new Wordpress site for him on Bluehost, using example.biz (same name, different extension.) I'm still a little fuzzy on how best to do this, so "example.com" bookmarks and searches open the new "example.biz" site on bluehost. Is it simply a matter of changing the nameservers on enom to point to bluehost? Seems like I'm missing something here.

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    If you have 2 different domain names, each domain name has its own name servers associated with it.

If you setup a hosting account somewhere, they typically send you info so you can modify your own DNS pointers so when people click a link or type in the URL, the DNA pointer resolves to the proper location.

Typically, wherever you register the domain names, they have some sort of control panel. A long time ago, when a client had some names registered with enom , they did not allow their clients to make dns pointer changes. You had to ( at that time ), email or call their support dept. and have them make the changes.

Perhaps they now have a control panel where you can eithr modify the DNs pointers for the domain you want to host on blue host.

Be aware, not all DNS modification systems are not created equal, I've made changes on some host and within 15 minutes they were working, I've changed dns records on other systems and it's taken 24 hours or more for then to start working. It all depends on the authority level of the DNs servers you're working with. Most tell you 24 - 72 hours as a general rule.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    eNom and Enomcentral both have identical control panels as far as I know; and they have a nice interfact and yes you can change all of the DNS stuff

Remove Ads