Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Ok so am getting this message in Chrome Error 310 (net::ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS): There were too many redirects

I searched around and realized its not a browser issue.
    I just did a renaming from the directory housing wp from 'blog' to 'community'

I did a search and replace in the database and files and fixed all direct links to the correct path.

I also tried a plugin called Select Permalink Fix & Disable Canonical Redirects Pack Permalink Fix & Disable Canonical Redirects Pack
    but this did not help either

I went through my wp-options in the db and also made changes where I saw they needed updating.

I think it has something to do with my htaccess folder which is above my head. It seems like no matter what page I try to reach I am redirected to www.stpbabes.com/community/welcome

here is what is in my htaccess file, i am sure you will spot the problem I am unable to see.

# BEGIN WordPress
    <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /community/
    RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteRule . /community/index.php [L]
    </IfModule>

# END WordPress

What I am noticing is that when I type in the url http://www.stpbabes.com/community it redirects to http://www.stpbabes.com/community/welcome

what is this welcome page and why is it doing this? I cant find it anywhere and don't understand why its trying to call it up instead of going to the index.php page.

I can only view my site when I am logged in.

Your help is appreciated!!

Member #
    anyone? please??

Remove Ads