Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Well, I managed to get OSCommerce up on my site but for some reason the admin file in the catalog folder did not FTP across. I configured the other OSCommerce folders with the correct permissions, etc. and when I went to configure the admin folder it wasn't there! So I transferred it across again and it still did not appear.

Is this a Wordpress issue? I can see the sample store just fine. I just can't get into the admin area.

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    I have a sneaking suspicion that I know what's wrong here. I just tried to copy over the admin file again and it landed in the images folder. The file I need to change permissions on is the graphs folder that is supposed to be in the path: catalog/admin/images but it's not there. The admin folder gets copied into the images folder for some reason and does not have images/graphs folder?

So I'm thinking that because I set up a sub-domain that maybe that's the problem? Would it be best to reinstall it at the root and forget about the sub-domain?

So the reason I can't get to the admin page is because it doesn't exist for the path [shop.domain name]/catalog/admin. I'm really confused.

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    I am feeling completely defeated! I have removed OSCommerce and FTP'd it back up at least 3 times now and I still get an error: Cannot connect to database! I don't know what I am doing wrong! I went into my hosting to the PHPMyAdmin panel to delete the database but it's not there. Don't know where to go from here..... :help:

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Ok, I FINALLY got it working!!

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    It seems that there were many problems here with the installation. After doing a clean install and configuration, all is working fine now. There seems to be some confusion regarding the .htaccess file, tho. The permissions are set properly yet I keep getting a message in the admin panel that it needs to be writable--but it already is. My hosting provider says that everything looks good and safe. On to customizing it!

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    haha, found it funny that you're the only one posting in this tread. glad you got it worked out.
    I run a local SEO & Web Designer. Business Web Designs

Remove Ads