Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I use wordpress fully for my site and for another site, I want to make a gallery. This gallery will consist of alot of photos; all of the photos on one of my flash drives (which honestly is well over a thousand) I need them to be multi-tiered sections (kinda like directories and subdirectories)

The gallery site will also have mutiple themes, so I thought of wordpress, but I'm not sure if there's a plugin that'll let me that will let me do this. If I can use wordpress, I will put each subdirectory on a separate page.

Is there a way to do this?

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    There are hundreds of gallery plugins for WP.

Each has it's benefits and drawbacks... For what you have indicated, I suspect you're looking for a paid plugin, for the level of customization that you're looking for.

There are several that allow you to upload and create multiple galleries and then just add them wherever you want, but most of the galleries require you to add descriptions, keywords etc for each photo and or gallery...

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I'm needing one that's free. In the past. when I've made a gallery, I've used Coppermine, and it's batch feature is always a pain, plus some pictures, it wouldn't fully add, even if they're not too big and are jpg....plus the new version doesn't allow the visitor to choose the theme any longer. That's why I thought of WP.

I have also in the past used Single File Photo Gallery, and do like the simplicity, but can not figure out how to put any layouts to it.

If I can't theme it, I had thought of doing a few layouts, for certain sections.

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    You're really not gonna want to do any of that, and try to tie it into a WP install

Have you even tried installing a gallery plugin ? It takes like 30 seconds to install, it will take longer to upload your photos and give them descriptions ... But I'm sure there are other gallery plugins that will take batch uploads

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I work in retail so this past week, my schedule was pretty hectic, but last night I installed a plugin into WP, and it will work for what I had in mind. The one I installed is next gen

Remove Ads