Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I am tackling my first ever eCommerce design using WordPress. I have coded another theme before ok but this is more complicated.
    I understand how to style the navigation, main stage and sidebar but I am struggling to know how to additional sections in. I am aware of creating templates but when I have styled templates it's only ever been removing sidebar and and adding news widgets etc.
    As I am making a shop I would like some boxes with info and recent products etc, ones that my client can manage themselves but how do I go about this?
    I am a beginner so please bear with me, any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated
    Squadron likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    I use WordPress quite a lot, for full sites as well as for blogs, and as much as I like it, I would recommend you find a more secure platform for your project.

I would not run any e-commerce site on WP - it is not built for it and even though there are steps you can take to harden up the security, I still would not risk it.

That said, I don`t have any real e-commerce experience, and so have no alternatives to offer you except that you should do some research and find out whats available.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    I suggest you have a look at Wordpress premium sites like Themeforest to see what is available. I find it's far easier and faster to buy a theme with 99% of what you want and then customise the 1% than to spend hours of trial and error getting exactly what you want from a theme that was not designed for what you have in mind.

The other option is to get a Wordpress framework like Thesis. There is a lot to learn with Thesis, but that is the price of flexibility

Good luck with your project.

Member #
    we have an easy way for you to customize your page.

you can get some free themes here . there are many widget zones for plugins

If it is ok, you can buy others with cost is cheap as much as you buy a chicken or a box of coffee, only 6

EDIT: Link drop removed. one more like that and you will be banned. AlphaMare.
    Last edited by AlphaMare; Oct 27th, 2014 at 10:48 PM.

Member #
    Hello,

I have several e-commerce solutions I've found. There is AbleCommerce and their system is specifically built and has rebust reporting.

You could also try osCommerce, AbleCommerce and there are a few others.

What are the E-Commerce requirements?
    Last edited by AlphaMare; Oct 27th, 2014 at 10:48 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Why are you guys reviving a thread that's almost 2 years old?
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Remove Ads