Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi Everyone, First time poster. So probably posting in the wrong place. Sorry.

Im new to WP, but have experimented with different themes.

I am trying to combine the shuttershot theme (mainly nav bar), with the WP Supersize to replace the current full screen slideshow that comes with shuttershot.

Also, I want the first page that the client comes to to be the slideshow(WP Supersize), but the the portfolio page to be full screen black background without the slide show.

I know I can customize which pages the slideshow is active within the WP Supersize options. But the portfolio displays as a column, the same as a blog.

Thanks in advance

Owen

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    You might be able to hack together some plugins and what-not to do what you're wanting, but I suspect you'd do better just to learn more about writing templates. That isn't to say you should start your own from scratch, since you have a setup that can work already. However, you're going to have to make the portfolio page display that way by creating a page that is designed to do it.

I recently completed a project for a photog that required a portfolio display similar to what you're wanting. Take a look here: http://codex.wordpress.org/Template_...he_excerpt_rss

I used the_excerpt_rss to display only the image thumbnail and link to the full image in a modal window. It works pretty well, and it's easy for the client to learn what they need to do, since they only have to do one step beyond just posting the photos as a new blog post.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Hi - I have moved this into the WOrdPress forum, as you are more likely to get WP answers here.

What I would do is to install the theme with the most features that you like, and make a template for the pages you want to change.

In your case it may be even easier; you could probably install the Shuttershot theme and then just take the page for the portfolio template that you like from the other theme and upload it to whatever folder your page templates are in (this would probably be the public_html > wp-content > themes > Shuttershot folder).
    Then in admin, when adding a page, check the dropdown list of templates available - you should see it there.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Thankyou for your replies. I will give those a go, and let you know how i get on. Thanks again

Remove Ads