Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Best Content Management Plugin for Wordpress

Hi,

I'm working on creating a directory on Wordpress that will consist of links only. I'm wondering if there is a plugin that will help me to alphabetize and keep those links organized. Also, it would be awesome if each link would contain it's own tags so users can search for it.

Is there such a plugin that works with the 2014 theme?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    You may need to expand on this a bit, because a list of links is something you can already do in WP.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    Roe, thank you for your willingness to help. What I"m talking about is something like this: Fruits and Vegetables**Food Recipe Directory

It has two columns and is alphabetized. I can always alphabetize it manually, but is there a plugin that will do it for me? And also something that will allow me to post the link to multiple pages at once via tags or categories.

Thank you.

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    I'm not aware of any plugin, though I'm sure one exists. I'm fairly certain off the top of my head that WP has the capability of sorting and tagging links within the loop, so if no plugin exists, one could code it into the theme.

EDIT: Here's a bit in the Codex about alphabetizing posts. Lists of links should be similar. It seems unecessarily difficult considering how easy a MySQLi query would be to return this info, but WP does tend to overcomplicate things.
    Last edited by Ronald Roe; Feb 20th, 2014 at 06:38 AM.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    Thank you so much! I will play around with that and see what I can do.

Have a great day!

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    There are a couple of plugins that may help -
    I have used this one and it's quite simple - I don't know if it works outside of the sidebar - WordPress ? My Link Order WordPress Plugins

I have not yet used this one but it looks interesting and I am going to try it soon WordPress ? Link Library WordPress Plugins
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Remove Ads