Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Suggestion(adding custom content on header)

Hi,
    Is anyone here can share an article or tutorials on how to add custom header to add content??Im trying to add it on my portfolio theme by adding content on header..I can do it direcly at the header file..But like to know how to do it on a page.

Cheers

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    That is where custom post types come in handy - you can show different content on different pages - change the header, the footer, the content layout - whatever you want.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMare View Post
    That is where custom post types come in handy - you can show different content on different pages - change the header, the footer, the content layout - whatever you want.
    Thanks for the response..Found some tutorials.But was wondering..I was looking for like, you know those website that have a slider below the header..And it was used the page..

Is that also done by custom post type?But mine is only a text

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    I'm not quite clear on what you mean.
    Are you saying that you'd like to have one page where you have some custom text below the header, probably in the space where you would otherwise find a slider, and the rest of the pages do not have that text?

If that is the case you can make a specific page template, and write your text into the PHP of the template.

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMare View Post
    I'm not quite clear on what you mean.
    Are you saying that you'd like to have one page where you have some custom text below the header, probably in the space where you would otherwise find a slider, and the rest of the pages do not have that text?

If that is the case you can make a specific page template, and write your text into the PHP of the template.
    Yes, I kind of get what I need to do, so should be get to work it out..

Thanks

Member #
    Please visit the Function Reference/register post type WordPress Codex. Hope you will get solution. If you feel any problem please contact me

Edit: Link remover as per forum rules.
    Last edited by AlphaMare; Apr 07th, 2015 at 11:35 AM. Reason: Spam

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Madisonburwer - why are you posting to a thread that is 4 years old? Please try to read the whole thread before posting.

Member #
    I want to create my site for helping selfstudy. this site will have answers of textbooks. now suggest me should i install wordpress because it seems that wordpress is best for blogging not for general site.
    please help me.

Remove Ads