Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Template by Shindiri Studios or StudioPress Genesis?

Hi

I'm very much new to website design and have no background in coding, nor really the time to study how to do it.

A few months ago, I began using Wordpress to design my website where I have menu sections about my

1. Editing and document writing company,
    2. Photo gallery,
    3. PhD research, and
    4. Gear and equipment review.

I have been using the Twenty-Fourteen theme, but decided I don't the fact its not a full-screen theme. I want to be able to add much larger photos than the 1038px limit imposed by Twenty-Fourteen.
    Also, I'd like to create a "landing page" that introduces the above 4 sections (Editing company, Gallery, PhD stuff, Gear) and allow the user to select which area they want to see.

I will certainly need a professional theme and have narrowed my choices to StudioPress Genesis (possibly the Enterprise theme) and Shindiri Studio's "All Around" theme which includes their Frontend Builder (which looks quite convenient)

Many of you have far more experience than I and I'd appreciate advice on which package I should use:

1. StudioPress Genesis, Enterprise theme with Shindiri Studio's FrontEnd Builder to give me more freedom in laying out my design
    2. Shindiri Studio All Around theme with built-in FrontEnd Builder

Any experience with using Shindiri themes? They look very impressive and am wondering if they will offer me long-term longevity. It is considerably less expensive than Genesis. Of course StudioPress's Genesis seems universally regarded as excellent.

I'll look forward to your advice. Thank you!

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Best advice i can give you is to think about which one suits your brand. You may not have a "brand" so to speak but think of it as your image. How people will perceive you will depend on the choices you make. If you want a fun and silly impression look for a theme that will give off that impression. Same logic applies to any form of image you want your visitors to make based off your site.

You mention no coding experience and no time to learn it, you didn't mention anything in regards to hiring someone to do this for you. You're best option for a fully customizable theme would be to hire someone to create it for you. FYI i don't work in Wordpress so this is not me trying to convince you to hire me just the overall best option in my opinion.

Regretfully sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk during lunch and other breaks

Remove Ads