Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By AlphaMare

Thread: How to get Wordpress to create page in directory of choice?

Member #

How to get Wordpress to create page in directory of choice?

In the Add Page feature in wordpress I've been unable to determine how one can create a page in a specific directory, it just seems to put the page where it wants and gives no options.

For instance, if I created a landing page and wanted to put it in mysite.com/landing how would I do this from Wordpress?

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    In WordPress there are no actual folders (directories) to house different pages; only a different hierarchy within the database, which is controlled through the WP admin panel (dashboard).

If you wish to have pages that appear to be in sub-folders or sections of a site, you can make the sub-pages have a parent page. You don't have to put any information on the parent page, and you don't have to include it in your menu.

For example, if you have a page called 'Landing' that you want to appear as being in a different directory, you can create a page (let's call it My Pages" and leave it empty. Then you can select 'My Pages' as the parent page of 'Landing' when you're creating the 'Landing' page. Then your URL (if using permalinks) might be something like:

http: // mysite .com/my-pages/landing

That's as close as you can get if you want to do it inside WordPress.

There is a way to do this using FTP and creating subfolders within the root, and then pointing the pages directly to the absolute path in the menu, but it requires you to create the pages in a text editor and not in the dashboard.
    lunagraphica likes this.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Remove Ads