Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

PayPal issue: Want my customers pay by credit card without creating PayPal account

Dear forum members,

I run website under Wordpress, using Woocommerce and PayPal Standard activated in Settings>Checkout.
    I have confirmed Business mechant account ‘located’ in France.
    PayPal > My Selling Tools> Website préférences> PayPal Account Optional Activated.

My site: meyno.com

My problem: people are still forced to create PayPal account on the checkout. Why?
    I contacted Paypal, they said they don’t see what I see, from their side the client has a choice to buy without credit card.
    I contacted Woothemes (Woocommerce), no answer.

I tried plugin Paypal Express but it was behaving wonky, it was showing different message on the checkout whether I was checking out from product page, or whether it was express checkout from the homepage.

Anybody have an idea what is wrong in my case?

Thank you in advance!

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    WooThemes won't be of any help here. PayPal is not part of anything they do, so they don't support it as such...nor should they.

It's 100% a PayPal issue, so you'll have to deal with them directly. The one thing I can think of is that you may not have Verified your Business account yet. If you haven't, then it theoretically leads to the possibility of money laundering using Guest Checkout (since money can be deposited pretty much anywhere.)

I did a test order without completing it just to see what happens...you'll see it in your order admin. You're right...the option is definitely disabled.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    I had this issue in the past in Ireland too. I setup a Business Account on PayPal and my customers were getting a different type of checkout for PayPal page where the only option was to create an account or sign in. So i created another PayPal account but this time i didnt use the Business Account i just setup a standard account and used my business email. It worked perfect after that.

Remove Ads