Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Question Wordpress WooCommerce Help Needed

Hello.

I am asking for a patient nice person to assist me to fix a Wordpress WooCommerce website. I have some issues which I have spent weeks trying to fix and I can't get

my head around them. I would be really grateful if anyone could give me guidance to help fix the issues below I am having with my website: https://digitalcodes.uk

- Desktop Issues -

• Home Page Only. The menu bar highlights "Home" and "Xbox" when I only want it to display the current page it is on so in this case "Home" only. I would like the menu to only highlight the page it is on.
    • The <title>Website Title</title> tag is being generated by Wordpress without any control from me from what I can see. I would like it to display Page Title | Digital Codes UK. On the Homepage it's showing Products | Digital Codes UK, it should say Home | Digital Codes UK. On every other page it shows the correct page title, but it's still messed up as it displays as PlayStation | Product Categories | Digital Codes UK. I would like it to just show the page name then the website name so in this case PlayStation | Digital Codes UK.

- Mobile Issues -

• The main logo size is 778px 62px and gets re-sized based on the screen resolution I believe, on mobile devices the logo is either to small or to big, it just don't look very professional. How could I get it to look the correct size and centered to the screen? If it's not possible to make changes to this, just a way to perhaps hide the logo on mobile devices and display Digital Codes UK centered will be sufficient.
    • The cart and search box are not aligned next to each other on mobile like they are on desktop, the basket has been pushed above the search box, how can I get this to be inline, even if it's all smaller, just having it looks like the desktop version more is best practise.
    • At the top of the page there is a drop down saying Select a page, how can I get this so it doesn't display a drop down as there are only two links in there which can be displayed at the top just like the desktop version.
    • The main categories of the website is PC, PlayStation and Xbox, they all display fine on desktop, but on the mobile version they have an issue, especially with the PlayStation category, the title overlaps the text above it, I believe line height would be a solution, but nothing has worked well for me. If we can get this to display underneath neatly if it doesn't fit in the box provided.
    • I would like to find a way to center the footer so it is not left aligned on mobile or do you agree it looks OK left aligned?
    • The actual product page - here's a random example https://digitalcodes.uk/home/xbox/xboxone/woo-logo/ had padding or something to the right making the body shrink showing the background instead of being full width like the rest of the website. After looking closely, I think the issue occurs from another issue I have with the Related Products, the Add to basket text goes outside the box provided pushing the content to the right, how can we change it so either text is smaller or maybe display an icon that resembles adding to the basket so it doesn't push the content?

I understand that there is lots of issues here and understand that some of you will probably think why should I help him, well to be honest, I am not expecting any help, but I hope someone is kind enough to help me out as I don't know everything, I have fixed lots of issues myself, but these remaining few are out of my control and I have repeatedly tried to fix them. I appreciate any help you can provide me.

Member #
    Liked
    176 times
    Have you not tried to contact the theme developers for support on some of your issues? Most developers have a support forum or support ticket area.

They'll look at your site and if need be ask you to make them an admin account so they can take a look inside your site.Sometimes it takes the premium theme to get what a person is wanting and looking for on their site.

Good luck.
    Bleau
    "Give the gift of life, Adopt a child, And an Animal"

Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    The links provided leads only to a coming soon page, with a countdown.
    Screen Shot 2015-10-21 at 2.14.41 PM.jpg
    No mention was made to any issues with this page, being a web developer I can't help but mention this one. The tops of your count down numbers are all cut off. This can be fixed by adding the following code:

Code:
    .position {
      overflow:visible !important;
    }
    I can't really help your original issues, if I cannot get to your site. If your site is not ready for public use, create a dev version of it on a separate server and take down this coming soon block it, be sure to stop search engines from indexing the dev version.
    Last edited by brandMatt; Oct 21st, 2015 at 12:23 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Id reconsider a coming soon site all together. I may be wrong but i feel like Ive read somewhere that its bad for SEO. This could be a a bunch of SEO nonsense but I'd look more into it if I were you.

The only time I could have used one I opted for a quick single page site that gave some background info on whats coming soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NeonLabsUK View Post

- Desktop Issues -

• Home Page Only. The menu bar highlights "Home" and "Xbox" when I only want it to display the current page it is on so in this case "Home" only. I would like the menu to only highlight the page it is on.
    This is most likely a CSS issue - look in your CSS for the word "current" or "focus" - this is probably where you'll have to fix it. Without seeing the actual site, knowing what theme you're using and seeing the code, that's as much as I can say.

Quote Originally Posted by NeonLabsUK View Post

• The <title>Website Title</title> tag is being generated by Wordpress without any control from me from what I can see. I would like it to display Page Title | Digital Codes UK. On the Homepage it's showing Products | Digital Codes UK, it should say Home | Digital Codes UK. On every other page it shows the correct page title, but it's still messed up as it displays as PlayStation | Product Categories | Digital Codes UK. I would like it to just show the page name then the website name so in this case PlayStation | Digital Codes UK.
    What SEO plugin are you using? Some of them allow you to set a custom title for each page, the one I use is Yoast.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Remove Ads