Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Is this possible with Wordpress?

I created a website for a client in Wordpress. Currently, you have to leave their site to go to their online catalog which is not in Wordpress. The company that created the catalog gave me these instructions, so they can integrate their catalog into the site somehow:
    1. Set up the page to have two frames
    a.1 frame for the header
    b.1 frame for the “Order/Shop” page (This will go directly under the header)

How would I do this in Wordpress? I understand how to do it if it was a simple html site, I'd give them an html page with the header, and all of the relevant images and folders required. However, is this even possible in Wordpress? Thank you for any suggestions.

Member #
    Liked
    176 times
    Why don't you just make a link on the Wordpress website to open the other site in another browser tab. That way the Wordpress site is still open and all the person has to do ix X out of the other site back to the Wordpress site. Very simple to do unless you want to integrate the other site into the Wordpress site.

We always put external links from our clients sites so their site will still be open and easy to return to.
    Bleau
    "Give the gift of life, Adopt a child, And an Animal"

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by bleau canon View Post
    Why don't you just make a link on the Wordpress website to open the other site in another browser tab. That way the Wordpress site is still open and all the person has to do ix X out of the other site back to the Wordpress site. Very simple to do unless you want to integrate the other site into the Wordpress site.

We always put external links from our clients sites so their site will still be open and easy to return to.
    Thank you for the reply. That's what we're doing now, an external link that keeps the original site open. The client would like a more seamless experience though where the catalog is inside their site and their customers dont have to leave for another site.

Member #
    Liked
    176 times
    We've not had to do this before so I called a friend and asked her if she had done this. She said one time several years ago and it was done with some fancy code work and she didn't remember how they did it.

She said you might want to do some search on a plugin that will do it now or ask for some help on the Wordpress forums or contact the theme developer and see it's possible they have code to do that with.

Good luck.
    Bleau
    "Give the gift of life, Adopt a child, And an Animal"

Member #
    Thank you for the feedback!

Remove Ads