Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TheGAME1264

Thread: Issues with copying and deploying WP build to Dev from Live

Member #
    Liked
    258 times

Issues with copying and deploying WP build to Dev from Live

Hi All,

Having a bit of an issue here. We have a live site: | Chocolate Craft which works perfectly. However when pulling the site and the SQL down from Live via my ANT scripts but also with manually doing it I shows an error 500 even though all the settings, switches etc are correct.

Plugins that are installed are:

Advanced Custom Fields,
    Business Worldpay Gateway for Woocommerce
    HTML in Category Descriptions
    Ninja Forms
    Post Expirator
    Print Invoice, Packing Slip, Delivery Note & Label Plugin for WooCommerce (Basic)
    WooCommerce
    WooCommerce - Gift Cards
    WooCommerce Bulk Discount
    WooSidebars
    WordFence Security (Free version)
    WP Super Cache

We thought it may be SuperCache and Wordfence, so have disabled those plugins on live, pulled the site and tried to redeploy - This isn't the case unfortunately still error 500

I thought It may be related to the .htaccess file, renamed that. Didn't work
    Thought removing the themes and plugins, tried. Didn't work

Starting to get to the end of the ideas. Has anyone come across something similar with WP.

The only thing with the live is that WP and a few of the plugins need an update to the latest version. But as you might all know already, updating while on the live is a verrrry bad thing to do. Especially seeming as the site is not working on DEV at all.

Any help would be appreciated.

M
    If you like my comments to your thread please click the LIKE button

Check out my portfolio: Here!
    View my company Facebook Page
    View my company Website

<<Plrease ignoer my typo's I have isdexlyia>>

Member #
    Liked
    2736 times
    Looks as though it's working from here. I'm confused.

What's showing up in error_log when you get the 500?
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    258 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264 View Post
    Looks as though it's working from here. I'm confused.

What's showing up in error_log when you get the 500?
    Heya bud. Yea live works fine but when I pull the site down to the Dev platform to make changes it refuses to work and error 500. I believe it's something to do with the supercache plugin but can't be sure. Grrr. Driving me mad lol!

Error_log is basically showing that it can't find the file even though the paths are correct. V strange.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View my company Website

Member #
    Liked
    2736 times
    Have you tried disabling all of the plugins and adding them back in one by one?
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    258 times
    Yea we've tried that

However, after a few hours of faffing around I have fixed it and know how to fix it in future for anyone else out there having this issue (hopefully this link will get some Google rankings as its not on any site that i've seen anywhere)

If you are moving a site from one host to another or pulling the live down to dev to run tests etc make sure you do this:

1. Pull Site and DB down as normal
    2. Upload to your new/DEV server
    3. WinSCP or FileZilla into the new server and look for a file called .user.ini (may be a hidden file)
    4. Make sure that the home path is correct:

In my case: our path was

Code:
    ; Wordfence WAF
    auto_prepend_file = '/home/sites/chocolatecraft.co.uk/public_html/wordfence-waf.php'
    ; END Wordfence WAF
    and should of been:

Code:
    ; Wordfence WAF
    auto_prepend_file = '/home/chocolatecraft.co.uk/public_html/wordfence-waf.php'
    ; END Wordfence WAF
    And the site should load correctly (after a few Cache removals IE: CTRL + F5 In chrome)

As you can probably guess. Wordfence was the one causing the issues here. Simply disabling it does nothing. Renaming this file does nothing also, but adding the prepend path as a correct absolute path fixes it.

I am guessing that removing the wordfence plugin will do the same thing however I will not test this on the live server.

Hope this helps!

View my company Website

Member #
    Liked
    2736 times
    Yeah, you probably don't want to remove Wordfence on a site that bots can find. Somehow, I can see bad things happening.

Glad you figured it out, dude. I wouldn't have thought of that off the top of my head.
    m3n0tu18 likes this.

Remove Ads