Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Block users from inputing contact info from PM Plugin.

I'm looking to find a plugin, or edit some code for a private message system that will allow me to not allow users to input their contact information into the fields, meaning it will block it out whenever they type it in or something of that sort I've definitely seen it done, just cannot find anything online telling me how to do it.
    Thanks in advance

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    Just add disabled as an attribute on the input elements on the form.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Roe View Post
    Just add disabled as an attribute on the input elements on the form.
    I guess I wasn't being clear.
    The field needs to be enabled, but I don't want the users to be able to send each other thier contact information in a free form field.
    To be more clear take the scenario: It is a website for employers to find freelancers, in which the freelancers have to pay a membership fee to put thier portfolios online, and pay a commission to my client for every job they get you. They want an option of a private message system, where freelancers and employers can talk to each other throughout, but they do not want them to be able to share their contact information, so the freelancers and employers can't just go do it without the middle man.
    Any idea how to implement this?

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by webofcreativity View Post
    I guess I wasn't being clear.
    The field needs to be enabled, but I don't want the users to be able to send each other thier contact information in a free form field.
    To be more clear take the scenario: It is a website for employers to find freelancers, in which the freelancers have to pay a membership fee to put thier portfolios online, and pay a commission to my client for every job they get you. They want an option of a private message system, where freelancers and employers can talk to each other throughout, but they do not want them to be able to share their contact information, so the freelancers and employers can't just go do it without the middle man.
    Any idea how to implement this?
    What language are you coding this feature in? If it's PHP you need preg_replace.
    See this link

Remove Ads