Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Display custom post types / fields?

I worked with WordPress a little bit when it first came out 15 years ago! Shortly after I shied away and haven't done much with web design. I've been getting back into it for the last year.
    I just recently learned about custom post types. I have figured out how to create custom post types there a plug-in called tool set. My problem is they don't show up when I try to view the post.
    This makes sense to me because I understand that it doesn't have the PHP and HTML to display the fields I have set up. What I don't understand is The best way to go about displaying these fields. Do I need to take apart The page.php or post.php file and rebuild it by hand? (Not really interested in doing that but if I have to I suppose I have to.)

I also noticed that it is extremely hard to find any information on this subject. I assume it is either OK because no one uses this option for some reason, There's an easier way or it is just so easy and obvious that there doesn't need to be any information and I am completely missing it. Not sure which.

Anyway any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove Ads